Ahoy Matey! I’m Priya Florence Shah. I’ve been a journalist and writer since 1996, an online publisher since 2001, and a blogger since 2003.
Around 2001, I published my first website, Making India Green, which was featured in Digit Magazine. Since then, I’ve worked on creating award-winning websites, newsletters, blogs, email courses and ebooks.
In 2014, I founded my social media agency so I could use the power of blogs and social media to help my clients engage better with their customers online.
Along the way, I acquired Diplomas in Journalism, Advertising and Public Relations, a Certificate in Digital Marketing from Columbia Business School, as well as Social Media Certification (CSMMP™) from Digital Vidya, and Certificates in Travel Writing and Travel Journaling.
Over the years, my content-based approach to marketing has created millions of page views and thousands of leads for my clients and my own businesses. I’ve also had the good fortune to be listed among the top Social Media Experts to follow and the top 25 Digital Marketing Experts in India.
Since 2006, I have been publishing my online magazine for women in India, Naaree.com, ranked as one of the top 100 women’s blogs in the world, where I also promote solo travel for women. In 2020, I sold Naaree.com to SHEROES and joined them as Group Editor.
On my travel blog, AhoyMatey.blog, I write about family travel with a focus on responsible and sustainable tourism.
My audience is largely young Indian men and women, from 18 to 44+ years. I’m also a member of the Professional Travel Blogger’s Association and the International Travel Writers Alliance.
Here are some ways we can collaborate:
Virtual Speaker or Conference Speaker
I’m available to speak on podcasts, virtual interviews and as a speaker at virtual conferences. Also fully vaccinated and available for in-person conferences. You can see some of my past engagements here.
Here are some of the topics I can speak on:
- How To Build Traffic With Blogging
- Pinterest Marketing For New Blogs
- How To Build a Powerful Personal Brand Online
I reach a combined audience of over 50k social media followers and growing through all my social channels and my blogs get over 195k page views/month. Connect for sponsored posts on AhoyMaytey.blog & BlogBrandz.com.
Advertise on Naaree.com or SHEROES.com.
FAM Tours / Press Trips
Read my posts on Nepal (FAM Tour) and Norway where I worked with travel organisations and tour operators to help them promote their destinations and tours.
If you have any other ideas in ways we can partner, I’d love to hear about them. The best way to connect is via email at priyaflorence at gmail dot com.
I’ve been featured on
My travel articles and tips have been featured on:
- Travel+Leisure India: Sudan Was The Last Male White Rhino. Can We Bring The Species Back?
- Green Global Travel: Top 10 Things To Do In Agra, India (For Nature & History Lovers)
- Backpacker Bible – I Went To Agra To See Elephants And Bears. Here’s Why…
- Travel-Wise – 5 Essential Tips for Single Parents Traveling with Kids
- Triptipedia – A Trip To The Confluence of the Indus and Zanskar Rivers
- Canadian World Traveller Magazine – My Favourite Goa Beaches
- Dutchies Abroad: 36 ultimate travel tips for travellers! (Mine is Travel tip # 24 – Go with the flow)
- TripGourmets.com – Best Street Food In Asia
- YourLifeIsATrip.com – A Bovine Travel Tale From Goa
- List.ly – 10 Of The Best Travel Magazines In India (And Why We Love Them)
- TravelThruHistory – Kashmir’s Martand Sun Temple: Intriguing Ruins Of A Lost Dynasty